We are appreciative of your support and interest in us offering our soccer program for the 2021 season.
The executive is in good spirits as we transition into Step 1 with the province’s reopening plan and are grateful that it started ahead of schedule. This gives us a glimpse of hope that we will proceed to Step 2 which will allow our program to function with our new guidelines and procedures stipulated by the province and Ontario Soccer, our governing body. Please note that if Step 2 proceeds on or before July 15th, we are looking to jump right into our 2021 season. Should we not proceed due to the province’s direction, we will have to close our season for another year at which point we will be in touch with you.
Whichever way this season proceeds, we continue to ask you for your patience and understanding as we sort out our new guidelines, decisions and its process.
We again Thank You all for all of your support and loyalty to the sport of soccer and our club.
We will be opening up registration for our summer soccer program by April 1, 2021 and running until April 15, 2021. The cost will be $140 per player. Season dates are yet to be finalized but we are attempting to provide a 12 week program (pending Ontario Health Regulations, Ontario Soccer Regulations etc.)
Your safety is our top priority. To review our Return to Play plan, please click here
We hope you are all doing well and staying safe. We have appreciated your patience and support over this past year. It has been a challenging one for our players.
We are quickly approaching our soccer season and while planning for a safe and successful return to play, we want to let you know that the safety of parents and players is paramount.
Going forward with our season will present new formats and new guidelines (adhering to the Ministry of Health as well as the Ontario Soccer guidelines which changes as time goes on). This will present limitations and restrictions as to how soccer in Corunna and surrounding areas will function.
Some example areas that will likely be affected are: costs, number of players, time, dates, and the general structure of game. We cannot stress enough that this is a new format to all of us so patience and understanding is necessary and appreciated. We are hoping to receive this support from the parents, players, as well as the community.
As we all know our seasons’ success in Corunna is very important to all of us, however, it is not possible if our number of players remains low. This includes the extra volunteers that we need to run our programs. Without this extra assistance, we aren’t able to have a successful season.
We are working on the details and we will be in touch when we are able to provide more concrete expectations from all parties. Thank you for your continued support and patience!
The executive team is busy evaluating potential options for a summer 2021 season. There are many factors and variables at play with this. Please continue to check this page as well as our Facebook page for updates. Our next scheduled update will be mid-March. Thank you and stay safe!
We have an interest in adults (19+) co-ed soccer but would like to see if we have more people wanting to play. Please e-mail our vice president at email@example.com if you would like any information or to let us know you would like to play. Thank you.